Thursday 8 December 2016

My story- part 3

So we've made it to the end of 2015 and I recovered from my migraine attacks and was on 2 tablets a day to keep it that way. Everything would appear to be under control, I had been put on the NHS under Dr Hanna and colleagues everyone couple of months however I'd still experience pain everyday, constantly tired and struggling to eat when sickness struck. 

And Christmas Eve proved a momentous time for another change, I ended up down the doctors with awful pain in the upper part of my abdomen. Which was clouded to to be gastritis. But I was in the new year of 2016 was reffered to another gatreontologist Dr Dewar. Gyne side had also tried to improve my pain by issuing me with a hotmail injection called Zoladex every month which did improve my pain but caused me great anxiety and hot flushes so was discontinued.


I have since had an endoscopy (which came back clear) and 3 a&e visits which brings us to the present day. Sitting on the sofa, currently tackling glandular fever, endo pains never failing to flair up and what I call the 'mystery' abdominal pain which is yet to be discovered. And that's my medical story...however I actually wanted to write this blog to communicate the other effects that chronic illness can have on sufferers which are your relationships, social life and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment